FireMaster undertakes fire risk assessments throughout Devon, Somerset, Cornwall and Dorset
FireMaster (SW) Limited provides independent and bespoke fire risk assessments for businesses throughout Devon, Cornwall, Dorset and Somerset.
Our independence ensures that we provide advice that comes without any vested interest.
Our third party certification ensures that the competency of its consultant (Mark Evans) is compliant with regulatory (fire safety) requirements. Mark Evans is registered on the Institution of Fire Engineers life safety register. (Don’t get caught out by using an unqualified and/or unregistered risk assessor. At best you could be wasting your money, at worst you could be risking lives and breaking the law.)
Reports are written in plain English and follow up advice is always available from a single point of contact.
See our news page for consultancies FireMaster has undertaken throughout the South West; including Bath, Taunton, Exeter, Plymouth, Barnstaple, Torquay, Truro, Penzance and all areas in between.
FireMaster’s consultants are qualified to consult on the following matters:
- Fire risk assessments for all types of commercial properties.
- Advanced fire risk assessment incorporating British Standard 9999 & 9991.
- Preliminary fire risk assessments and fire strategy reports for Building Regulation approval – Approved Doc B
- Domestic and residential sprinkler systems – British Standard 9251.
What we do do!
- We provide personal reports – no tick box pro-formas used here.
- We provide back up advice from a single point of contact.
- We are third party accredited ensuring your business gets qualified advice from what is an unregulated profession.
- We are independent – no vested interests will be attributed to us.
What we don’t do!
- We don’t sell fire alarms or fire extinguishers – fire risk assessors should be independent so that there is no conflict of interest.
- We don’t do cheap reports that aren’t worth the paper they’re written on and are unlikely to stand up to scrutiny.
Mark Evans is proud to be certificated by the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) under their accredited fire risk assessment certification scheme.
Importance of using a certificated (registered) fire risk assessor
This IFE Scheme has been developed for individuals that provide fire risk assessment services for others. This scheme is designed to give assurance to those commissioning fire risk assessments and give confidence in the quality and relevance of the services being provided. It is essential that the fire risk assessor is a competent person and the fire risk assessor has a duty of care to the organization on which legislation imposes a requirement for the fire risk assessment.